Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A simple dojo based calendar

I was looking around the web for javascript based client side calendar implementations (with no server back-end) to use in one of my projects. The calendar should
- show me a daily/weekly/monthly view
- allow me to create tasks
- show me a list of created tasks on each of the above mentioned views
- click on a task to see task related information.

I came across a dojo based calendar here . It has a very simple UI but rich in functionalities. It is built on dojo 0.4 . But a link down below in the comments section is available where the user has ported the app to a 1.1 release. This should be useful for people looking around for a calendar widget with above mentioned functionalities.

Infact, i saw a post on the dojo website where it mentions that it has plans to make a complex calendar widget similar to the one above with dojo widgets. I am definitely lookng forward to such a kind of widget too..

Infact there seem to be a lot of other implementations which offer a calendara "package" (with a backend infrastructure too). A lot of them are commercial implementations but they have a very rich UI and a lot more functionality. Examples of them are:

zimbra calendar
Ultra apps calendar
Trumba calendar
zapatec calendar

and of course...
google calendar
yahoo calendar

No comments: